Ever wanted to explore more features and benefits out of your Galaxy Samsung S5? If yes, then you can do so with the help of our ultimate guide. In this post, I am going to show you the complete guide on how to root Galaxy S5. But before we start, I just want to clarify that rooting your device will void your warranty and can brick your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S5
So, without wasting any more time, let’s have a look at the steps which you can use to root Galaxy S5.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Proceeding
- Rooting your device will void its warranty. So, we will not be responsible for any damages caused.
- This procedure will only work on the Windows as the tool is not available for any other operating system.
- This guide will work for almost every Galaxy S5 variant, so just check whether it works for you or not.
- While you follow this guide, it will flash a custom recovery known as TWRP on your device.
Also Read:- How to Root Android Phone Without PC / Computer
How to Root Galaxy S5 Using the Advanced Steps
This procedure is made for advanced users, but we will try to present it simply so that even a casual user can follow it. In order to root the device, you have to flash the CF-Auto-Root using the Odin and here’s how you can do all that:
- Firstly, download the preferred version of CF-Root from this post and save it to your desktop.
- After that, You have to extract the downloaded file. In order to do that, just right-click on the file and choose “Extract All” from the options available.
- Open the file and then click on “Odin” option and Run it as Administrator.
- Then, click on the PDA button available in the Odin and choose the .tar.md5 file. You can choose it from the CF-Auto-Root extracted folder.
- Now Turn off your phone.
- Press and Hold Volume down, home and power button altogether until the screen come up.
- Tap the volume up button to proceed.
- Connect your phone to your computer via the USB cable.
- Check and Make sure that Re-Partition is NOT checked in Odin.
- Now, Click the “Start” button and wait until it flashes and restarts. That’s it! You are done.
Also Read:- Best Rooted Apps For Android
How to Root Galaxy S5 ( AT&T and Verizon)
Long gone were the days, when rooting the AT&T and Verizon versions weren’t possible. Thanks to Geohot, who made it possible. So, here’s how you can root Galaxy S5 AT&T and Verizon versions:
- Navigate to your phone’s Settings>Security> and enable the “Unknown Resources” option.
- Then, open your browser and type towelroot.com on your device.
- Once the page opens, click on the Lambda in the center of the page.
- Tap Ok and download the apk file.
- Once the download is completed, tap on the file and install it on your device.
- After that, Launch it and click on “Make it Ra1n” option.
- Upon clicking, it will start doing its thing. Now, search for and install “SuperSU” application from the play store.
- Now, Launch “SuperSU” application on your device and let it set up the binaries.
- After that, Search and Install “Root Checker” from the PlayStore.
- Launch Root Checker and click on the “Verify Root” option.
- After clicking, wait for a few seconds until you see the “Congratulations” message on your screen.
That’s it! These are the best possible solutions which you can follow to root Samsung Galaxy S5. I hope this post helped you to get what you were looking for. If you found it helpful, then don’t forget to share it with your friends, family, and relatives who are still looking for the same. Also, if you have any doubts or questions to ask, then let me know in the comment section below so that I can help you out.