Capturing different moments with a smartphone or iPhone has become an integral part of our life. Whether you’re creating a personal archive, running an Instagram blog, or managing social media for a brand of clothes, jewelry, furniture, or other things, editing photos is crucial for achieving the perfect look. While laptop software offers on a big screen offers comprehensive editing capabilities, sometimes you need to adjust your photo content on the go without a computer. In such situations, specialized apps come to the rescue.
We’ve prepared the top apps you’re sure to love. Among them, there are also the best Lightroom alternatives that will make your photos a complete aesthetic pleasure. If you want to learn more about them, go to the Skylum blog!
Why Choose Lightroom CC Alternatives?
You are probably already familiar with these programs. If not, it will be interesting for you to know that this is a powerful photo editing software that has become popular among photographers worldwide thanks to its comprehensive suite of tools and user-friendly interface. But there are several reasons why most creative people say “no” to this tool and prefer Adobe Lightroom alternatives:
- Monthly subscription. Not everyone can afford to pay for using the program every month.
- Many functions. If you are a beginner, you may find it a bit difficult to navigate through many functions.
- Slow performance with large files. It can be a problem if you need to process a lot of photos in a short period of time.
Choosing the Best App for Photo Editing: What to Look for?
Whether you’re a beginner or a professional photographer, you need a good app to make your images more beautiful and raise you to a higher level. So, which tool is worthy of attention? This is the program that has the following features:
- An intuitive menu;
- A set of basic and advantageous tools, including filters, overlays, color correction, collage, and others;
- Allows sharing photos on Instagram, Facebook, and other social networks easily and quickly;
- Capable with Android and iOS.
Definitely, alternatives to Lightroom have all these features. But how to determine which option is right for you? There are three main categories of apps for photo editing.
- Simple apps for casual photographers. If you don’t have any photo editing skills and just need to crop your selfie, apply a nice filter, or add interesting stickers, pay attention to simple apps, like VSCO and YouCam Perfect. They allow you to achieve the desired effect with just a few taps.
- Photo editing apps for social networks. As you may have guessed, these applications are focused on content for social networks like Instagram. They have advanced tools for SMM specialists or bloggers, from tools for creating amazing stories to options for video editing. YouCam Perfect, Mojo, and PicsArt are the most popular examples.
- Apps at a professional level. If photographing has grown from a hobby to something more, and you’ve become a full-fledged content maker, a professional app like Photoleap is the perfect tool for you. After all, it has the most advanced tools related to layers and other moments.
Below we’ll briefly look at three alternatives for Adobe Lightroom that are suitable for casual users, bloggers, and professional producers.
This app has become popular thanks to its modern design, intuitive interface, and more than 200 different presets, including those that give the photos the look of traditional old film and cinematic effects.
Here, you can play around with a wide range of manual photo corrections and settings, which are the best solution if you’re a serious photographer. They allow you to crop the image, as well as adjust exposure, contrast, saturation, and other parameters. And advanced edition tools, like Split Tone, and HSL will raise your level a few steps higher.
Definitely, it’s an ideal app for both beginners and professionals that is easy, and the same time provides professional results during work with any type of content, including photos, videos, and GIFs.
Are you an amateur with a passion for mobile photography? Then this Abode Lightroom alternative will be useful for you. It is easy to use and provides many creative opportunities at the same time. Its smart tools allow you to improve your photos on a professional level, moreover without the special skills and experience.
In addition, you can add funny stickers, text, filers, and effects, as well as create amazing collages from your images. In other words, a combination of advanced tools and your imagination in this app can make real wonders with your content.
This powerful and free app is perfect for professionals who like to process photos in detail. It has more than 30 top-notch editing tools, including exposure, color, and masking, which you can play around with in a user-friendly interface with simple swipes. The app provides unique creative opportunities. Here you can try various filters and styles to achieve the effect of drama and vintage textures. And a tool designed for portraits will help you to get the perfect bokeh.
Choosing an app on your mobile phone can be a difficult task. However, if you take into account your needs, preferences, and skill level, you can easily find what you need.
While Adobe Lightroom is a great option, there are some great alternatives that we’ve covered in this article. Explore them in detail and make your choice.